published on in Wiki

Alicia Keys Duets with Khanyisa Jaceni in isiXhosa Cover of Im Ready on TikTok, Mzansi Left

• Alicia Keys was mesmerised by a cover of her song, I'm Ready done by a South African artist on TikTok
  • Idols SA Season 16 contestant Khanyisa Jaceni translated the lyrics to the hit and came out with a smooth isiXhosa piece
  • She explained to Briefly News how she felt when she finally got Alicia's attention

American R&B singer Alicia Keys was found swooning over Spotify-accredited Amapiano star Khanyisa Jaceni's cover of her hit song, I'm Ready.

Alicia Keys duets Khanyisa Jaceni's cover of I'm Ready

The cover posted on Jaceni's TikTok account a long time ago finally made its way to the Fallin' star recently, and she dueted the song, which was sung in isiXhosa in disbelief of the talent.

Twitter user @paballo_maseko reshared the video on her timeline and captioned it:

"Not Alicia Keys duetting Khanyisa Jaceni."

Watch the beautiful moment in the video below:

Khanyisa Jaceni covers I'm Ready hoping to get Alicia Keys' reaction

In a chat with Briefly News, the songstress explains how she's always enjoyed translating popular English songs into her mother tongue, like Bruno Mars' Leave The Door Open, but had a special eye on Alicia:

"My intention with this song was for Alicia Keys to see it but it didn't happen the year I posted it, it happened the year later. I was like 'What? Gobsmaked!

She explains that she was in her car outside her place when she realised that she had responded to her video:

"Immediately when I saw the video, it didn't register who this lady was. I looked at the captioned and realised this is thee Alicia Keys and said 'Wait, what's happening?' Then I burst into the loudest scream with people in my complex asking if I'm okay as I sat flat on the pavement."Yoh, what a moment man, it was a big moment I won't lie.

Social media reacts to Alicia Keys and Khanyisa Jaceni's TikTok duet

Tweeps were proud of the TikTok sensation and former Idols SA Season 16 contestant, who recently dropped a new song titled Homecoming on her 28th birthday.

@Kay_Xcel realised:

"We have so many good female vocalists in SA. We sometimes don't give them enough credit."

@NgomaneHebert said:

"Such a beautiful voice."

@buhlebamashasha agreed:

"What a voice! Angelic! Wow!"

@tumeloditle noticed:

"Khanyisa recorded this video last year in May and Alicia Keys responds now. When the time is right I will make it happen."

@LaraboGee was proud:

"No one can tell us about music in this country."

@MD_puresuccess was impressed:

"I’m struck by how she translated the song… what a delivery."

Lira takes her parents on Blue Train vacation

In other entertainment stories on Briefly News, South African songstress Lira took her parents on a three-day vacation on the luxurious Blue Train, from Cape Town to Pretoria.

She captured the trip in a heartwarming video, celebrating life after suffering a stroke last year in Germany, which affected her speech.

ncG1vNJzZmiaop6yp7jYZ5qoZqqWfKa6056prZmZo7qmutNomp6klZe%2FqsDInqpoaWdlgneAjJqjopuZlnqssdisZKyhnpzAbq2MnayerF2esbC40maioZmerra0rYyjmJydnp58