published on in Latest

Catastrophe star Sharon Horgan in secret romance with Charlatans frontman Tim Burgess

Catastrophe star Sharon Horgan ‘in secret romance with Charlatans frontman Tim Burgess following her divorce from husband of 14 years’

Sharon Horgan has reportedly been secretly dating Charlatans frontman Tim Burgess.

It is said that the Catastrophe actress, 51, was recently spotted kissing the musician, 54, by the side of a busy A-road, with the pair not ‘caring’ who saw them, reports The Sun.

The new romance follows on from Sharon’s divorce from husband Jeremy Rainbird, whom she split from in 2019 after 14 years of marriage.

New romance? Catastrophe star Sharon Horgan has reportedly been secretly dating Charlatans frontman Tim Burgess (pictured ion the show)

New romance? Catastrophe star Sharon Horgan has reportedly been secretly dating Charlatans frontman Tim Burgess (pictured ion the show)

The publication reports that Sharon has been a fan of Tim’s since she was a teenager, after he came into prominence with the track The Only One I Know in 1990.

While they were said to have formed a bond after he tweeted about how much he loved her Channel 4 sitcom Catastrophe, with Sharon going on to retweet his praise. 

A source told The Sun: ‘Sharon and Tim have kept their relationship low key but it didn’t stop them having a kiss next to a busy road in London.

Kiss kiss: It is said that the Catastrophe actress, 51, was recently spotted kissing the musician, 54, by the side of a busy A-road, with the pair not 'caring' who saw them, reports The Sun (pictured in 2019)

Kiss kiss: It is said that the Catastrophe actress, 51, was recently spotted kissing the musician, 54, by the side of a busy A-road, with the pair not ‘caring’ who saw them, reports The Sun (pictured in 2019)

‘They seemed lost in each other and didn’t appear to care who saw them.’

MailOnline have contacted representatives of Sharon and Tim for comment. 

After connecting over Twitter, the pair’s friendship was said to have grown over the years, with Irish beauty Sharon even singing backing vocals on the Charlatan’s album Different Days in 2017.

While Tim was also taken on a set tour visit of comedy-drama Divorce, of which Sharon was the executive producer for. 

Former husband: The new romance follows on from Sharon's divorce from husband Jeremy Rainbird, whom she split from in 2019 after 14 years of marriage (pictured in 2016)

Former husband: The new romance follows on from Sharon’s divorce from husband Jeremy Rainbird, whom she split from in 2019 after 14 years of marriage (pictured in 2016)

Big fan: The publication reports that Sharon has been a fan of Tim's since she was a teenager, after he came into prominence with the track The Only One I Know in 1990 (pictured on stage in 2017)

Big fan: The publication reports that Sharon has been a fan of Tim’s since she was a teenager, after he came into prominence with the track The Only One I Know in 1990 (pictured on stage in 2017)

High praise: While they were said to have formed a bond after he tweeted about how much he loved her Channel 4 sitcom Catastrophe, with Sharon going on to retweet his praise (Sharon pictured with co-star Rob Delaney)

High praise: While they were said to have formed a bond after he tweeted about how much he loved her Channel 4 sitcom Catastrophe, with Sharon going on to retweet his praise (Sharon pictured with co-star Rob Delaney)

During an interview with the Evening Standard in 2017, Sharon and Tim opened up on how their bond grew after communicating on Twitter. 

Sharon said of retweeting Tim’s kind words: ‘My cringe-level is too low – I don’t know if that’s an Irish thing. But Tim’s tweet was the only time I’ve ever retweeted ’cause it was such a fan moment for me.’

While after she had come to see him at a gig in Manchester, Tim said of their growing friendship: ‘We’ve had a little journey of meeting up at music festivals, and Sharon came to see us play in New York, and then I got to go on the set of Divorce.’

Sharon shares daughter Amer, 13, and Sadhbh, 18, with former husband Tim, while Tim has a son with electronic artist Nik Colk Void. 

A source said: 'Sharon and Tim have kept their relationship low key but it didn’t stop them having a kiss next to a busy road in London' (pictured in 2020)

A source said: ‘Sharon and Tim have kept their relationship low key but it didn’t stop them having a kiss next to a busy road in London’ (pictured in 2020)

Advertisement

ncG1vNJzZmimkZ63or%2FUqZyrnpGjwG%2BvzqZmnJmklsC1vs6pn55lo6mus3nSoZirp55itbC%2BxpqlZqGeYsCmr9Geq2aqn6Kur6%2FEZq6irJhisKmt0aWYrZmeqHqnvs6nq6aZnmLBqrmMm6yrn5WowHA%3D